Hayward Pro Series Plus Side Mount Sand Filters
Product Line Information | Show Products From This Line ▼
Sand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common:
- When in the filtration mode, water always flows from top to bottom.
- They all have some sort of lateral or underdrain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean, filtered water to pass through.
High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55 mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of depth filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the waste line. Sand Filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
Pro Series high-rate sand filters are the very latest in pool filter technology. Molded of durable, corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic, Pro Series filters feature an advanced, self-cleaning lateral under drain system for smooth, efficient flow and totally balanced backwashing.
Incorporating the many advanced features of Hayward's Proª Series side-mount sand filter, the Pro Series Plus satisfies the requirements of the most demanding installations, including pools installed with in-floor cleaning systems, spas, fountains or solar heating systems. Its spherical tank design evenly distributes the high pressure and stress associated with these applications, resulting in greater strength and longer life. So, for crystal clear water with only minimal care, pool owners choose Pro Series.
Features and Specifications:
- Top diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the top of the sand media bed.
- All internal piping is 2 inches to give smooth, free-flowing performance.
- Manual air relief purges any trapped air during operation of the filter system.
- Unitized, corrosion-proof, spherical filter tank molded of rugged, colorfast reinforced thermoplastic for maximum strength and longer life.
- Optional valve and coupling selections for plumbing ease and versatility.
- Precision engineered umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability.
- NEW Large pressure sand/water drain for rapid winterizing or servicing.
Valve is not included; must be purchased separately. Available valves are listed below (after the filters).