S200 Series High Rate Sand Filter With 1-1/2 Inch Multiport Valve 44 GPM
Sand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common:
- When in the filtration mode, water always flows from top to bottom.
- They all have some sort of lateral or under drain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean, filtered water to pass through.
High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55 mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of depth filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by back washing which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the waste line. Sand Filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
The S200 filter offers a high performance, totally corrosion-proof filter that combines superior filtration and features with ease of operation. Designed with you in mind, the S200 filter series is the ultimate in high-rate sand filtration.
Features and Specifications:
- Durable 6 inch threaded inspection cover provides convenient access to top of filter.
- All internal piping is 2 inches to give smooth, free-flowing performance.
- Top diffuser assures even distribution of water over the top of the sand media bed.
- Large pressure sand/water drain for rapid winterizing or servicing.
- Corrosion-proof, heavy-duty filter tank injection-molded of tough, durable ABS for dependable all-weather performance.
- Bolted center flange provides extra strength and securely fastens tank top and bottom together. Allows for access to internal components.
- 7-position Hayward Vari-Flo™ control valve with easy-to-use lever-action handle lets you dial any of the 7-valve/filter functions. Integral sight glass lets you see when backwash cycle is completed.
- Precision engineered umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and back washing, plus easy serviceability.
Model/Item No. S200. Design Flow Rate: 44 GPM. Please click on the Owner’s Manual (to the left) to view Specs and Parts for the S200.