Product Line Information | Show Products From This Line ▼
Ultraviolet UV-C technology is a modern, efficient system for disinfecting water. AstralPool presents the Heliox UV Sanitizer, a completely automatic UV disinfection system for the treatment and disinfection of pool water.
Heliox UV provides double disinfection through a significant reduction in the amount of chloramines (bound chlorine) along with the neutralization of bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms by impeding their reproduction. The range comprises the Heliox UV LP model for private pools and the Heliox UV MP for public pools.
UV ray treatment systems are completely automatic, with very low maintenance and running costs. They also have considerable advantages over other systems.
- 100% of pool water is treated.
- The disinfected water is free of unpleasant smells and does not irritate the eyes, thanks to a drastic reduction in the amount of chloramines.
- They save money as fewer chemical products are required.
- They are environmentally friendly because:
- Less fresh water is needed (daily water renewal is reduced).
- Fewer waste by-products are formed, resulting in a reduction in subsequent water treatment.
- The UV-C equipment does not add any chemical products to the water.
UV-C disinfection is a local treatment (UV chamber), which takes place as the water in the pool circulates through the chamber that contains the UV-C lamps. The accurate delivery of radiation (W UV-C) and residence time in the system ensure the effective neutralization of 99.9% of microorganisms, as well as the reduction of chloramines to safe levels (<0.6 ppm).