Custom Thermal Covers
Because no two pools are exactly alike, each thermal cover we sell requires specific information about your pool - such as dimensions and information about potential obstructions that could interfere with your cover installation. To get your custom thermal cover quote, please get in touch via your preferred method!
Not just Reduced Energy Consumption!
Pool Blanket Systems can offer significant energy savings and drastically reduce water and chemical consumption as well as cleaning time by keeping dirt and other debris out of the pool or spa. They often pay for themselves in less than one year when properly and consistently used.
- Reduces energy consumption by maintaining pool cleaning costs
- Reduces chemical consumption
- Reduces facility building maintenance and pool cleaning costs
- Reduces corrosion of indoor facilities, extending the life of equipment
How Thermal Covers Work
Swimming pools lose energy in a variety of ways, but evaporation is by far the largest source of energy loss. Replacing evaporated water requires tremendous amount of energy. It only takes 1 BTU (British thermal unit) to raise 1 pound of water 1 degree, but each pound of 80° F water that evaporates takes a whopping 1,048 BTU of heat out of the pool.
Pool covers minimize evaporation from both outdoor and indoor pools. Covers on indoor pools not only reduce evaporation but also the need to ventilate indoor air and replace it with unconditioned outdoor air. You can also shut off exhaust fans when an indoor pool is covered saving even more energy.
Bitterroot Series Storage Systems
- Easy to deploy and retrieve pool blankets
- Employs nickel-plated pillow block reel tube bearings
- Equipped with stainless steel crank assembly
- Utilizes 6” diameter, never-mar, polyethylene wheels
- Equipped with two-foot operated breaks
- Maximum blanket width of 20’
- Structurally designed to support wet blankets
- Made of electropolished 304L stainless steel