Total Alkalinity Test Kit
Shipping Options (more)
- Standard Shipping, $6.95 Get it by
- 2 Day Shipping, Get it by
- 1 Day Shipping, Get it by
- This item is backed by a 30 day Return Policy
- This item is protected under the Poolweb Guarantee
- Shop 3 replacement parts for this product and get it working like new!
Specialty Test Kits
Our Specialty Kits typically focus on measuring one type of chemical and are useful when you only need to test one special factor like hydrogen peroxide or phosphates.
Our specialty color-matching test kits and drop-count titrations give straightforward answers. They are available with 3/4 or 2 ounce reagents.
Ideal Alkalinity Levels
Alkalinity levels should be between 80 and 120 parts per million (ppm). Low levels can swing your pH levels back and forth.
DescriptionThis is a Pentair Rainbow #1300 Specialty Test Kit for Total Alkalinity using a drop test and visual method. Testing parameter indicates total alkalinity in PPM. The reagents in this kit are 1/2 and 1 ounce. This kit comes in a compact box with instructions.
The total alkalinity is a measure of how much of the alkaline substances there are in the water. In the swimming pool water, there is a concern with bicarbonate alkalinity which should be between 80 and 120 ppm. Lowering the total alkalinity is a slow process.
- Tests for Total Alkalinity
- Reagents are 1/2 and 1 ounce
- Reagents: Solution 3 (1 ounce), Solution 4 (1/2 ounce) and Solution 5 (1/2 ounce)
Instructions for Total Alkalinity Specialty Test1. Fill test vial with pool/spa water to sloid line.
2. Add 1 drop Solution #4 (2 drops if chlorine residual test was above 1.5 ppm) and mix thoroughly by swirling
3. Add 1 drop Solution #5.
4. Add Solution #3 one drop at a time, swirling between drops and counting the number of drops necessary to change color to clear or bright yellow.
Multiply drops of Solution #3 used by 10 to determine total alkalinity.
Follow product instructions included with the kit.
|Product Category||Specialty Test Kits|
|Poolweb Item #||R151306|
|Cross Reference #||Rainbow #1300|
|Shipping Weight||0.55 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||$6.95||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.