Taylor Drop Test Bromine FAS-DPD 2 Oz. Test Kit - K-1517-C
Shipping Options (more information)
- Standard Shipping, Free Get it by
- 2 Day Shipping, Get it by
- 1 Day Shipping, Get it by
Replacement Parts Available
Shop 5 replacement parts for this product and get it working like new!
DescriptionThis is a Drop Test Bromine FAS-DPD 2 ounce Test Kit (1 drop equals 0.5 or 1.25 ppm bromine). The K-1517-C Kit tests for total bromine using a drop test and FAS-DPD reagents.
If you use bromine instead of chlorine to sanitize your pool or spa, testing for bromine is essential. In general, your bromine level should be 3-5 parts per million (ppm). Right after you shock your pool or spa, the number may be higher.
- FAS-DPD Bromine: 1 Drop = 0.5 or 1.25 ppm.
- Reagents are 2 oz. and grams
- Reagents: R-0870-I, (2) R-0872-C
Instructions for Drop Test Bromine (1 Drop = 0.5 or 1.25 ppm)Note: For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm use 25 mL sample. For 1 drop = 1.25 ppm use 10 mL sample.
1. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198) to desired maark with water to be tested.
2. Add 2 dippers R-0870 DPD Powder. Swirl until dissolved. Sample will turn pink if bromine is present. (If pink color disappears, add R-0870 DPD Powder until color turns pink.)
3. Add R-0872 FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent (Bromine) dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from pink to colorless.
4.Multiply drops in Step 3 by drop equivalence (Step 1). Record as parts per maillion (ppm) total bromine.
Review detailed instructions included. A pdf of the detailed instructions can be found under Product Documents.
|Poolweb Item #||K-1517-C|
|Lead Time||13 days (if out of stock)|
|Shipping Weight||0.13 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||Free||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
Due to significant demand on swimming pool parts and equipment, we cannot guarantee out of stock items will be available for immediate shipment. If your order must arrive to you by a certain day, please contact us first and we will provide you with a more definitive shipping and receipt of your order.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.
We Also Recommend...
Taylor Service Complete FAS-DPD Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA (FAS-DPD Hi-Range) Test Kit 2 Oz. - K-2006C