Taylor Service Complete FAS-DPD Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA (FAS-DPD Hi-Range) Test Kit 2 Oz. - K-2006C
Shipping Options (more)
- Standard Shipping, Free Get it by
- 2 Day Shipping, Get it by
- 1 Day Shipping, Get it by
- Shop 17 replacement parts for this product and get it working like new!
DescriptionThis is a Service Complete Kit for Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, and CYA (FAS-DPD High-Range) with 2 ounce bottles. The K-2006C tests for Free and Combined Chlorine, Total Alkalinity, Cyanuric Acid, Hardness, and pH with Acid/Base Demand. It does this by using the 2000 Series Comparator, visual determination and drop test systems. The K-2006C kits use FAS-DPD which is an enhancement to the regular DPD, blended indicator, turbidimetric Phenol Red chemistry.
The K-2006C is part of the Commercial 2000 Series which is designed for the kind of comprehensive, routine testing performed by service technicians, commercial and public pool operators, and environmental health specialists. It allows users to build up their test kits in a stepwise fashion as their testing needs grow without having to purchase a new case or color comparator.
Taylor recently went through the NSF certification process. This involved an extensive plant inspection as well as thorough laboratory testing of test kit procedures. This kit among 19 others have been granted NSF certification and are listed under NSF/ANSI 50 Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Other Recreational Water Facilities.
Every kit in the 2000 Series includes a copy of Pool and Spa Water Chemistry, complete with 11 tables to facilitate chemical adjustments, as well as Taylor's unique Watergram for quick water balance calculations. Case is molded polypropylene.
- NSF Certified
- Total Alkalinity 10 ppm
- Chlorine FAS-DPD Free and Combined 1 drop = .2 or .5 ppm
- Cyanuric Acid 30-100 ppm
- Hardness 1 drop = 10 ppm
- pH with Acid and Base Demand 7-8.0
- Reagents are 2 ounces
- Reagents: R-0003-A thru R-00013-A, R-0870-A, R-0871-A
Instructions for 2000 Series Free and Combined Chlorine Test1. Rinse and fill large comparator tube to desired mark with water to be tested. NOTE: For 1 drop = 0.2 ppm, use 25 mL sample. For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm, use 10 mL sample.
2. Add 2 dippers R-0870. Swirl until dissolved. If free chlorine is present, sample will turn pink. NOTE: If pink color disappears, add R-0870 until color turns pink.
3. Add R-0871 dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from pink to colorless.
4. Multiply drops in Step 3 by drop equivalence (Step 1). Record as parts per million (ppm) free chlorine
5. Add 5 drops R-0003. Swirl to mix. If combined chlorine is present, sample will turn pink.
6. Add R-0871 dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from pink to colorless.
7. Multiply drops in Step 6 by drop equivalence (Step 1). Record as ppm combined chlorine.
Review detailed instructions included. A pdf of the detailed instructions can be found under Product Documents.
|Product Category||FAS-DPD Test Kits|
|Poolweb Item #||K-2006C|
|Lead Time||9 days (if out of stock)|
|Shipping Weight||4.85 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||Free||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
Due to significant demand on swimming pool parts and equipment, we cannot guarantee out of stock items will be available for immediate shipment. If your order must arrive to you by a certain day, please contact us first and we will provide you with a more definitive shipping and receipt of your order.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.
We Also Recommend...
Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA (FAS-DPD Hi-Range) Test Kit .75 Oz. - K-2006