Taylor Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) Argentometric .75 Oz. - K-1766
DescriptionThis is a Taylor Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) (Small .75 Oz.) Test Kit. K-1766 tests for Chloride in Salt Water pools using drop test and Argentometric reagent.
If your pool is using salt water for sanitization, this test is important for you. The ideal salt level for pools is between 2700-3400 ppm (parts per million) with 3200 ppm being optimal.
- Chloride: 1 drop = 200 ppm NaCl.
- Reagents are .75 ounces
- Reagents: R-0630-A and R-0718-A
Instructions for Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) (1 drop = 200 ppm)1. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198) to 10 mL mark with water to be tested.
2. Add 1 drop R-0630 Chromate Indicator. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn yellow.
3. Add R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from yellow to a milky salmon (brick red). (Note: A white precipitate will form as R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent is added to the sample. Do not add enough R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to a milky salmon (brick red) is the endpoint.)
4. Multiply drops of R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent by 200. Record as parts per million (ppm) salt as sodium chloride (NaCl).
5. To calculate required dosage, see treatment table on PDF instructions.
Review detailed instructions included. A pdf of the detailed instructions can be found under Product Documents.
|Poolweb Item #||K-1766|
|Lead Time||10 days (if out of stock)|
|Shipping Weight||0.13 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||$6.95||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
Due to significant demand on swimming pool parts and equipment, we cannot guarantee out of stock items will be available for immediate shipment. If your order must arrive to you by a certain day, please contact us first and we will provide you with a more definitive shipping and receipt of your order.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.
We Also Recommend...
Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA (FAS-DPD Hi-Range) Test Kit .75 Oz. - K-2006
Taylor Service Complete FAS-DPD Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA (FAS-DPD Hi-Range) Test Kit 2 Oz. - K-2006C