Delaware Pool Regulations
Delaware Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
Regulations for the State of Delaware for commercial swimming pools dictates the required safety equipment, pool rules signs, safety signs as well as various other traditional construction and safety regulations related to swimming pools.
|Code:||Delaware DAR 4464|
|Effective Date:||October 11, 2015|
|Governing Body:||Delaware Health and Social Services Department|
|Notes:||Delaware’s Title 16 4464 Health and Safety Code requires a No Lifeguard sign with specific wording and addresses children under the age of 16. Delaware’s Pool Rules sign incorporates basic health and safety requirements for swimming pools.|
Required Equipment for Public Pools
- Secchi Disk
- Rescue Pole
- Shepherds Crook
- Ring Buoy
- Throw Line
- Depth Markers
- Rope & Float Line
- Lifeguard Chair
- First Aid Kit
- Rescue Blanket
Safety Equipment Notes
- Rescue Pole 12' Required
- Ring Buoy 18" Life Ring Buoy Required
- Throw Line 50' of throw line required.
- Depth Markers In feet to nearest 1/2 ft. (all pools except wading and spa). On vertical wall and deck. Open gutter pools can be located on wall or fence. Points of maximum, minimum and intermediate depths, at each end, and breaks in slope. No more than 2 foot increments, no more than 25 ft apart. NO DIVING (4 inch lettering slip resistant) or NO DIVING with International Symbol on deck in 5 foot or less area. Number of No Diving messages equal to the number of depth markings in that area.
- Rope & Float Line 1-2 ft on shallow side of slope break (above line required to be painted on bottom of pool). With visible colored floats. Sufficient strength to provide handhold.
- Lifeguard Chair Lifeguard stand required for all pools greater than 2000 square feet.
- Rescue Blanket 2 blankets required.
No Lifeguard Warning Sign (16 Years and Under) - 24 x 18 Inches on Styrene Plastic
No Lifeguard Warning Sign in English/Spanish (Age 16) - 30 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
No Lifeguard Warning Sign (16 Years and Under) - 24 x 18 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Pool Telephone Signs
Emergency Phone 911 With Facility Location Sign - 10 x 14 Inches on Styrene (Customize or Leave Blank)
Emergency Phone 9-911 With Facility Location Sign - 10 x 14 Inches on Styrene (Customize or Leave Blank)
Emergency Phone 9-911 With Facility Location Sign - 10 x 14 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum (Customize or Leave Blank)
Safety Notification Signs
Starting Block Use Label - 24 x 1 Inches on Glossy Adhesive Vinyl
Spa Timer Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Emergency Spa Alarm Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Spa Timer Sign in Spanish - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Emergency Pool Alarm Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Spa Timer Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Spa Alarm Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Spa Timer Sign in Spanish - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Pool Rules Signs
Delaware Pool Rules Sign - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Spa Rules Signs
Delaware Spa Warnings and Regulations Sign - 12 x 18 Inches on Styrene Plastic