South Dakota Pool Regulations
South Dakota Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
Regulations for the State of South Dakota for commercial swimming pools dictates the required safety equipment, pool rules signs, safety signs as well as various other traditional construction and safety regulations related to swimming pools.
|Effective Date:||August 1, 2013|
|Governing Body:||South Dakota Department of Health|
|Notes:||South Dakota requires pool owners post pool rules and instructions in a conspicuous place. Most commercial swimming pool rules signs will comply with the South Dakota rules as long as they incorporate all common safety and health regulations required for swimming pools.|
Required Equipment for Public Pools
- Secchi Disk
- Rescue Pole
- Shepherds Crook
- Ring Buoys
- Throw Line
- Depth Markers
- Rope & Float Line
- CPR Mask
- First Aid Kit
Safety Equipment Notes
- Rescue Pole 12' Required
- Ring Buoy 18" Life Ring Buoy Required
- Throw Line 1 1/2X maximum width of pool or 50 Feet, whichever is less.
- Rope & Float Line A rope and float line shall be located 1 to 2 feet on the shallow side of contrasting band (required on pools over 6 feet 4 inches. Fasten to wall with corrosion-resistant materials, recessed to wall. Size and strength to offer good hand hold.
- Lifeguard Chairs Lifeguard chairs or stations required for pools requiring lifeguards.
- Rescue Tube If applicable, lifeguards must be equipped with a rescue tube and be appropriately attired.
- Depth Markers Within 18” of water edge, installed at maximum and minimum depths, at all slope changes, at increments of water depth not to exceed 2 feet not spaced to exceed 25 feet, arranged uniformly on both sides and ends of pool. Slip Resistant on deck. Lettering shall spell out or abbreviate: FT OR FEET, IN OR INCHES. NO DIVING SYMBOL at depths of 5 ft. or less and spaced at intervals of not more than 25 feet.
Missouri/South Dakota No Lifeguard Warning Sign (No Age Limit) - 24 x 30 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Telephone Signs
Emergency Phone Number 911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Phone Number 911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Emergency Phone Number 9-911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Pool Chemical Signs
Pool Rules Signs
Missouri and South Dakota Pool Rules Sign - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Missouri and South Dakota Pool Rules With Graphic Sign - 30 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Missouri and South Dakota Pool Rules With Graphic Sign - 30 x 24 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Spa Rules Signs
South Dakota and Utah Spa Warnings and Regulations Caution Sign - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic