Taylor Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) Argentometric 2 Oz. - K-1771
Shipping Options (more information)
- Standard Shipping, Free Get it by
- 2 Day Shipping, Get it by
- 1 Day Shipping, Get it by
Replacement Parts Available
Shop 5 replacement parts for this product and get it working like new!
DescriptionThis is a Taylor Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) (Large 2 Oz.) Test Kit (1 drop = 200 or 800 ppm). K-1771 tests for Chloride in Salt Water pools using drop test and Argentometric reagent.
If your pool is using salt water for sanitization, this test is important for you. The ideal salt level for pools is between 2700-3400 ppm (parts per million) with 3200 ppm being optimal.
- Chloride: 1 drop = 200 ppm NaCl.
- Reagents are 2 ounces
- R-0630-C and R-0706-C
Instructions for Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) (1 drop = 800 ppm)1. Using a 3 mL pipet (#4078), add 0.5 mL of water to be tested to 25 mL sample tube (#9198). Dilute to 10 mL mark with distilled, deionized, or tap water.
2. Add 1 drop R-0630 Chromate Indicator. Swirl to mix. Sample should turn yellow.
3. Add R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red. Always hold bottle in vertical position.(Note: DO NOT add enough R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to red is the endpoint.)
4. Multiply drops of R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent by 800. Record as parts per million (ppm) salt as sodium chloride.
Review detailed instructions included. A pdf of the detailed instructions can be found under Product Documents.
|Poolweb Item #||K-1771|
|Shipping Weight||0.13 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||Free||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
Due to significant demand on swimming pool parts and equipment, we cannot guarantee out of stock items will be available for immediate shipment. If your order must arrive to you by a certain day, please contact us first and we will provide you with a more definitive shipping and receipt of your order.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.
We Also Recommend...
Taylor Drop Test Hydrogen Peroxide 5 ppm (Iodometric) Test Kit 3/4 Oz. - K-1826
Taylor Drop Test Sodium Chloride (Salt Water) Argentometric .75 Oz. - K-1766
Taylor Drop Test Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Test Kit - K-1764
Taylor Drop Test Hydrogen Peroxide 5 ppm (Iodometric) Test Kit 2 Oz. - K-1825
Taylor Drop Test Chlorine Bleach (Iodometric) Test Kit - K-1579