Taylor Drop Test Total Chlorine 1 Drop = 1 ppm - K-9022
Shipping Options (more)
- Standard Shipping, Free Get it by
- 2 Day Shipping, Get it by
- 1 Day Shipping, Get it by
- Shop 8 replacement parts for this product and get it working like new!
Specialty Test Kits
Our Specialty Kits typically focus on measuring one type of chemical and are useful when you only need to test one special factor like hydrogen peroxide or phosphates.
Our specialty color-matching test kits and drop-count titrations give straightforward answers. They are available with 3/4 or 2 ounce reagents.
Ideal Chlorine Levels
A good chlorine level is between 1.0 and 4.0 ppm (parts per million). A level of 10 ppm is too high and not safe to swim in.
DescriptionThis is a Taylor Drop Test Total Chlorine (2 Oz.) Test Kit (1 drop = 1 ppm). K-9022 tests for Chlorine using drop test and Iodometric reagent.
Chlorine itself is one of the most important chemicals to monitor if you have a chlorinated pool. Ideally, you should be testing every day, especially if your pool is not covered and is exposed to rain, wind, leaves, grass clippings, and sunlight. The chlorine level should stay between 1.0 and 3.0 parts per million (ppm) to maintain a healthy pool.
- Chlorine: 1 drop = 1 ppm.
- Reagents are 2 ounces
- Reagents: R-0636-C,R-0664-C, R-0665S-C, R-0747-C
Instructions for Drop Test Total Chlorine1. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198) to 25 mL mark with water to be tested.
2. Using 1.0 mL pipet (#4030), add 1 pipetful (as much as can be drawn up by means of the bulb) R-0664 Bleach Reagent #1. Swirl to mix.
3. Using 2 g dipper spoon (#4026), add 1 level dipper R-0665S Bleach Reagent #2. Swirl until dissolved. Sample will turn deep yellow (Fig. 1) or brown (Fig. 2) if chlorine is present.
4. Add R-0747 Sodium Thiosulfate dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from deep yellow or brown to pale yellow.
5. Add 10 drops R-0636 Starch Indicator Solution. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn blue.
6. Continue adding R-0747 Sodium Thiosulfate dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from blue to colorless.
Review detailed instructions included. A pdf of the detailed instructions can be found under Product Documents.
|Product Category||Specialty Test Kits|
|Poolweb Item #||K-9022|
|Shipping Weight||1.25 lb|
Shipping & Returns
|Standard Shipping||Free||Get it by|
|2 Day Shipping||Get it by|
|1 Day Shipping||Get it by|
Standard ground shipments may be delivered sooner depending on where you are located, and the shipping method used to ship your order. Combining multiple items onto the same order can change the delivery date and expedited shipping costs, especially if the other items are not available for immediate shipment. Transit time is calculated in business days and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
This item can be returned within 30 days of order. See return policy for details and how to place a return.
This item qualifies for a one-year Poolweb.com guarantee. Poolweb guarantees that the item you receive will function as advertised for one year. See the Poolweb Guarantee for more details.