Montana Pool Regulations
Montana Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
Regulations for the State of Montana for commercial swimming pools dictates the required safety equipment, pool rules signs, safety signs as well as various other traditional construction and safety regulations related to swimming pools.
|Code:||Montana MAR 37.115.191|
|Effective Date:||January 1, 2010|
|Governing Body:||Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services|
|Notes:||The Main Drain sign listed is required by Montana in 2 inch lettering and should be posted at all pools, spas and water features. The Montana Pool Rules sign is in accordance with Montana MAR 37.115.191 and includes Pool Capacity on the sign as required.|
Required Equipment for Public Pools
- Secchi Disk
- Shepherds Crook
- Ring Buoy
- Throw Line
- Depth Markers
- Rope & Float Line
- Rescue Tube
- First Aid Kit
Safety Equipment Notes
- Shepherds Crook In small pools not exceeding 15', a ring buoy or rescue tube may substitute.
- Ring Buoy 18" Life Ring Buoy OR Rescue Tube may substitute.
- Throw Line 1/4” in diameter, 1.5x width of pool.
- Depth Markers The water depth shall be plainly marked in units of feet and inches at or above the water surface on the vertical pool wall and on the flat edge of the deck or walk next to the pool. At maximum and minimum points and at the points of break between the deep and shallow areas, at intermediate 1 foot increments of depth, spaced not more than 25’ intervals. Spas shall have permanent depth markers plainly and conspicuously visible from all obvious points of entry.
- Rope & Float Line A rope and float line with floats spaced no more than five feet apart shall separate the shallow portion of the pool from the deep portion of the pool, strung at shallow end no deeper than 5 feet.
- Rescue Tube OR life ring buoy.
Telephone Nearest Location Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Telephone Nearest Location Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum (Customize or Leave Blank)
Telephone Nearest Location Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Styrene in Spanish (Customize or Leave Blank)
Pool Rules Signs
Spa Rules Signs
Montana Spa Warnings and Regulations Sign - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
No Diving Signs
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) - 18 x 24 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) in Spanish - 18 x 24 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum