Texas Pool Regulations
Texas Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
Regulations for the State of Texas for commercial swimming pools dictates the required safety equipment, pool rules signs, safety signs as well as various other traditional construction and safety regulations related to swimming pools.
|Code:||Texas TAC Title 25, Chapter 265-L|
|Effective Date:||Jan 1, 2021|
|Governing Body:||Texas Health and Human Services|
|Notes:||Texas TAX Title 25 has fixed verbiage for their pool and spa signage which requires 2 inch lettering height on the Pool and Spa Rules sign and 4 inch lettering on their No Lifeguard and Emergency 911 signs. The No Lifeguard sign also requires 2 inch lettering height for the Persons Under 14 statement. No Diving and Dial 911 signs also require 4 inch lettering. Other required signs are rules for Diaper Changing, Location of Emergency Phone, and an Emergency Spa Shut Off, all in 2 inch lettering. Hours of Operation and Maximum Capacity are included on the Pool Rules Sign and Maximum Capacity included on the Spa Rules. Pool Rules and Spa Rules signs are available in both English and Spanish which is required if that is the predominant language.|
Required Equipment for Public Pools
- Depth Markers
- Rescue Pole
- Life Ring Buoy
- Shepherds Crook
- Throw Line
- Rope & Float Line
- Spineboard with Head Immobilizer
- Rescue Tube
- First Aid Kit
- AED Unit
- CPR Mask
Safety Equipment Notes
- Rescue Pole - 12' Required. Fiberglass or other non-conductive material with body hook or Shepherd’s Crook with blunted ends attached.
- Ring Buoy- 18" Life Ring Buoy Required. Additional lifesaving equipment required for pools over 2000 square feet.
- Throw Line - 1/4"-3/8" diameter rope with a minimum length of 2/3 maximum pool width.
- Rope & Float Line - Rope and float between 1-2 ft. on shallow side of the 5 ft. depth along. Floats spaced no more than 7 ft. intervals, secured (locked).
- Depth Markers - DEPTH MARKER RULES FOR POST 10/1 /99 POOLS. POST 10/1/99: Post construction or renovations. Permanent markers on wall and deck. Non- skid on deck. Installed at minimum and maximum water depths, on both sides and at each end, and all points of slope change. Increments are not to exceed 2 feet and shall be spaced at intervals not to exceed 25 feet. FEET AND INCHES (spelled out) or abbreviated IN FT. NO DIVING AND INTERNATIONAL SYMBOL. 4" on deck.
Texas No Lifeguard Warning Sign (14 Years and Under) - 24 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Telephone Signs
Texas 911 Facility Location Sign - 24 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Texas 911 Facility Location Sign - 24 x 24 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum (Customize or Leave Blank)
Texas Emergency Phone Location Sign - 18 x 18 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Pool Chemical Signs
Danger Chlorine Sign - 18 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Danger Chlorine Sign - 18 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Spa Shut Off Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Spa Shut Off Location Sign - 12 x 14 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Emergency Spa Shut Off Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Rules Signs
Texas Pool Rules Sign - 36 x 36 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Spa Rules Signs
Texas Spa Rules Sign - 36 x 36 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
No Diving Signs
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) in Spanish - 18 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic
No Diving Allowed Warning Sign (4 Inch Lettering) - 18 x 24 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum