Nebraska Pool Regulations
Nebraska Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
Regulations for the State of Nebraska for commercial swimming pools dictates the required safety equipment, pool rules signs, safety signs as well as various other traditional construction and safety regulations related to swimming pools.
|Code:||Nebraska Title 178 NAC 2|
|Effective Date:||September 16, 2010|
|Governing Body:||Nebraska Health and Human Services System|
|Notes:||Nebraska has a list of required regulations that must be posted on their Pool Rules sign as defined in Title 178 NAC 2-007.02B. The header of that sign reads Pool Regulations and is in 4 inch lettering as required. The maximum bather load is included as part of that sign posting.|
Required Equipment for Public Pools
- Rescue Pole
- Shepherds Crook
- Ring Buoy
- Throw Line
- Depth Markers
- Rope & Float Line
- CPR Mask
- Rescue Tube
- First Aid Kit
Safety Equipment Notes
- Rescue Pole 12' Required
- Ring Buoy 18" Life Ring Buoy Required
- Throw Line 1x maximum pool width of throw line required.
- Depth Markers Water Depth must be plainly marked at or above the water surface on the vertical pool wall and on the edge of the deck at maximum and minimum points of break between deep and shallow portions, at intermediate increments of depth, spaced not more than 25’ intervals. Must be in NUMERALS.
- Rope & Float Line The boundary line (rope and floats) between the shallow (less than 5 feet) and deep (greater than 5 feet) areas of the pool must be clearly marked by a line of contrasting color at least 4 inches wide on the floor and walls of the pool, and by a safety rope and floats equipped with float keepers.
- CPR Mask If pool staffed by lifeguard.
- Gloves If pool staffed by lifeguard.
- Whistle If pool staffed by lifeguard.
- Spineboard Class A Pools (town, state pools). 3 straps required.
- Rescue Tube Class B Pools (apts, hotels, etc)
Nebraska No Lifeguard Warning Sign (16 Years and Under) - 24 x 18 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Telephone Signs
Emergency Phone Number 911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Phone Number 9-911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum
Emergency Phone Number 9-911 Sign - 10 x 12 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Chemical Signs
Authorized Personnel Warning Sign - 12 x 10 Inches on Styrene Plastic
Pool Rules Signs
Nebraska Pool Rules Sign in Spanish - 30 x 30 Inches on Heavy-Duty Aluminum (Customize or Leave Blank)
Nebraska Pool Rules Sign in Spanish - 30 x 30 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Nebraska Pool Rules Sign - 30 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)
Spa Rules Signs
Nebraska Spa Regulations Sign - 30 x 24 Inches on Styrene Plastic (Customize or Leave Blank)